Blaze Fielding is one of the playable characters from the Streets Of Rage series of games. A mainstay of the series, having appeared in every installment, she was a British former police detective who also worked as a private eye. While she starts out the series as a stereotypical female character (fast but weak), she ends up becoming the series' all-rounder by the second game. Her speciality is Judo, which gives her a more powerful 'throw' move than the other characters. With balanced attributes and solid fighting techniques, Blaze is widely-held to be the best playable character in SoR3. Her special techniques in the later two games are a cartwheel kick (Embukyaku) and a fireball (Kikousho). Her standard blitz attack, Vertical Slash, is a forward somersault that strikes enemies with her fists.
- In the original SOR, Blaze is 21 years of age, in the sequel, she is 22.
- Although this was never officially confirmed, there are hints at a romantic relationship between Blaze and one of the male playable characters, Axel. In the final shot from Streets Of Rage 3, the two characters are seen arm in arm as they watch the sunrise over the city.
- She bears a resemblance to the main character from Flashgal.
- It is implied that she loves the color red, displayed in her choice of wardrobe from all three SOR games.
- Blaze has a distinct mark on the left side of her chin. This was likely a nod to the beauty mark of Cindy Crawford, a popular supermodel at the time.