Zamza (Souther or Nail) is one of the major bosses of the Streets of Rage series that appears in Streets of Rage and Streets of Rage 2. Both his appearances are different in each game.
He appears with jeans, a shirt, and vest, with claws as his main weapon. He has 2 attacks: quick claws that is executed mid-range and a teleport-ish claw counterattack if you do aerial attacks. The best way to handle this boss with a lot more ease is to attack first. It is recommended to get up close to him vertically for close or throw distance so that the main claws have a less chance of hitting.
He appears in:
- Level 2 - Main Boss(es). If 2 players are playing, 2 will appear.
- Level 6 - Main Bosses. No matter how many players are playing, 2 will appear.
- Level 8. The 2nd of the Boss Gauntlet. If 2 players are playing, 2 will appear. Note that you cannot use police special on this level.
Unlike the previous counterpart, Zamza appears as a masked ninja-ish claw fighter. This time, he has a lot of arsenal up in his sleeve and is much more nimble to either evade attacks or suplex you. However, some of his attacks can be countered by some of your arsenal. For example, if you keep far distance,he will attempt to either slide or do a forward flip, in which you can counter with a Forward Forward B move (i.e. Axel's Grand Upper) and knock him out.
He appears in:
- Level 3 (Zamza) - Main Boss. If you move too forward before his screen occurs, you could get caught fighting him and 2 other enemies at the same time.
- Level 6 (Souther) - Main Boss. He will be fighting alongside with 1-3 Jets, depending on the difficulty: Stealth, Blitz, and Kite. You just need to beat Souther to complete the level as the other Jets will fall.
- Level 8 (Nail). He is part of the Boss Gauntlet Part 2 as the 2nd set. You will fight him and many enemies in a cramped elevator, making this fight very difficult. Beating him rewards a chunk of health restored.